To efficiently install IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Knowledge Library 4.8 and fully realize the benefits delivered, you must be familiar with the underlying principles of IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus including the following:
- The IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus components:
- The ObjectServer (including the database tables and columns)
- Probes (including editing probe properties, and stopping and restarting probes)
- Desktop tools (including event lists, filters, and views)
- Administration tools (including the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Administrator, the SQL interactive interface, and process control)
- The IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus directory structure and necessary configuration files.
- Basic rules file syntax including the use of lookup tables (both inline as well as separate files).
- Permissions, conversions and automations.
The documents listed below provide reference information on the related concepts of IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus and IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Knowledge Library 4.8.
IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus™ Installation and Deployment Guide
This book provides instructions for installing and deploying IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus, and includes details of the supported platforms and requirements.
IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus™ Administration Guide
This book describes how to perform administrative tasks using the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Administrator GUI, command line tools and process control.
IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus™ Probe and Gateway Guide
This book provides general introductory and reference information on probes and gateways. Documentation on the specific probes discussed within these release notes is available from IBM Documentation.