HTTP/HTTPS command interface
IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Version 7.4.0 (and later) includes a facility for managing the probe over an HTTP/HTTPS connection. This facility uses the nco_http utility supplied with Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus.
The HTTP/HTTPS command interface replaces the Telnet-based command line interface used in previous version of IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus.
The following sections show:
- How to configure the command interface.
- The format of the nco_http command line.
- The format of the individual probe commands.
- The messages that appear in the log files.
- How to store frequently-used commands in a properties file.
For more information on the HTTP/HTTPS command interface and the utilities it uses, see the chapter on remotely administering probes in the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Probe and Gateway Guide.