Data stream capture
The probe can capture the stream of binary data from the EMS and store it in a file. The data can be used for debugging purposes, to develop new features for the probe, or to pass onto other management systems that require the same data.
To capture the data stream in log files, use the following procedure:
- Set the value of the StreamCapture property to true.
- Set the value of the StreamCaptureFile property to the full path of a
directory to hold the data file. Notes:
- Specify the full path to the file. For
- You cannot include variables such as $OMNIHOME in the directory path.
- The directory must exist. The probe does not create the directory if it does not exist.
- Specify the full path to the file. For example:
- If the probe is running, restart it.
The probe now writes stream data to the specified file.