Support for Unicode and non-Unicode characters
The probe can process multibyte characters and so can display both Unicode and non-Unicode characters.
Use the following procedure to set up the probe to process multibyte characters:
- Ensure that the EMS is configured to send data in UTF-8 format.
- Set the appropriate locale on the system that runs the probe by
changing the values of the LANG and LC_ALL environment
variables. For example, to set the locale to simplified Chinese, use
the following commands:
export LANG=zh_CN.utf8 export LC_ALL=zh_CN.utf8
- Set the following properties of the probe:
Property Value EncodingStandard UTF-8 ORBCharEncoding UTF8 ORBWChardefault UTF16
- Configure the ObjectServer to enable the insertion of data that uses UTF-8 encoding. The IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Administration Guide shows how to create, configure, and run an ObjectServer in UTF-8 mode.
- Run the probe or restart it, if it is already running.