Setting up CMCI with CICSPlex SM
To install the CICS® management client interface (CMCI) in a CICSPlex® SM environment, you must prepare a CICS region as a Web User Interface (WUI) server and set the CMCIPORT WUI system initialization parameter.
Before you begin
Before you use CMCI to manage CICSPlex SM managed resources, you must configure CICSPlex SM.
See Setting up CICSPlex SM for guidance about setting up a basic CICSPlex SM environment.
About this task
When you set up CMCI in a WUI server, you can use CMCI to manage all the CICS regions in all CICSplexes associated with the connected CMAS either directly or through other CMASs.
- When you specify the WUI server initialization parameters, you must specify a unique value for the CMCIPORT parameter. This parameter allocates a TCP/IP port number to CMCI. Setting a value for the CMCIPORT parameter ensures that CMCI is installed on the WUI server with the necessary URIMAP and TCPIPSERVICE definitions. CMCI must use a different TCPIPSERVICE definition to the WUI server.
- By default, URIMAP, and TCPIPSERVICE resource definitions are autoinstalled with security settings derived from the SEC CICS system initialization parameter and the TCPIPSSL WUI server initialization parameter. You can override the default CMCI TCPIPSERVICE settings by using the optional CMCIAUTH and CMCISSL parameters to enable greater security by using SSL certification. See Web User Interface security for more information about setting up security for the WUI.
- Consider setting a nonzero value for the DEFAULTWARNCNT WUI server initialization parameter. Setting an appropriate value for this parameter prevents the retrieval of unacceptable amounts of data and can avoid long waits and potential storage problems when making requests on CICS resources. See Record count warnings in CMCI for guidance about the warning count mechanism in CMCI.
- To avoid possible storage problems, ensure that you set appropriate values for the following parameters:
- The MEMLIMIT JCL parameter, to set storage for the above-the-bar storage for your WUI server.
- The MAXAUXCPSM and MAXAUXTOTL CICSPlex SM system parameters, to set auxiliary storage for the CMAS.
- Ensure that resource definition group DFHWU is installed. Group DFHWU contains the resource definitions that are required for a CMCI environment.