Automate the deployment and undeployment of CICS bundles and applications with the DFHDPLOY utility
The DFHDPLOY utility provides a set of commands that you can use in a script to deploy, undeploy, and set the state of CICS® bundles and cloud enabled CICS applications.
The DFHDPLOY utility can be started from JCL and integrated with your existing deployment and automation procedures. Use the DFHDPLOY utility with the CICS build toolkit to automate build and deployment of CICS bundles and cloud enabled CICS applications and as part of a continuous delivery environment. See CICS application build automation with the CICS build toolkit.
- Connecting to a CICSplex
- Deploying, undeploying, and setting the state of a CICS bundle
- Deploying, undeploying, and setting the state of a cloud enabled CICS application
The DFHDPLOY utility can be used in conjunction with UrbanCode Deploy to create a continuous delivery environment. For more information, see the CICS TS plug-in for UrbanCode Deploy documentation on the UrbanCode website.
DFHDPLOY does not support the installation of a bundle or application defined by an existing resource definition.
REGION=100Mor more when you run the DFHDPLOY job to avoid running out of memory while the job is processing.
The user running the DFHDPLOY utility requires read access to the zFS directories specified by the BINDDIR, BUNDLEDIR, and APPLDIR command options for any LPAR in which the utility might run.
If security is enabled in the CICSPlex®, the user running the DFHDPLOY utility requires access to various CICSPlex SM resources protected by the external security manager, such as RACF®.
- ALTER access for BAS.APPLICTN, OPERATE.APPLICTN.
- UPDATE access for BAS.DEF, CSD.DEF.
- READ access for CONFIG.DEF, OPERATE.FILE, OPERATE.REGION.
- ALTER access for CLOUD.APPLICATION.
- UPDATE access for CLOUD.DEF.
- READ access for CLOUD.PLATFORM, CONFIG.DEF, OPERATE.TASK.
- Application support was added in CICS TS for z/OS, Version 5.1.
- The AVAILABLE and UNAVAILABLE states for bundles and applications were added in CICS TS for z/OS, Version 5.2.
- Bundle PHASEIN support was added in CICS TS for z/OS, Version 5.3.
Sample program DFH$DPLY
The DFH$DPLY sample program contains annotated DFHDPLOY JCL to deploy, undeploy, and optionally set a sample bundle and application in a CICSplex. The sample is supplied in CICSTS53.CICS.SDFHSAMP.