Refreshing CTGRRMS services
Use the <install_path>/bin/ctgasi command to refresh CTGRRMS services that are used for XA support. ctgasi must be run in a UNIX System Services shell. It can be launched in batch mode using CTGBATCH.
About this task
Follow these steps after successfully installing CICS Transaction Gateway and before running any Gateway daemons. If you do not follow these steps for every LPAR, Gateway daemons will fail to start.
- Ensure that the user ID which runs ctgasi has CONTROL authority to the RACF® FACILITY CTG.RRMS.SERVICE and log on using this user ID.
- When refreshing the CTGRRMS services, it is good practice to use a
different user ID to the user ID used to run the Gateway daemon because a higher level of access to
CTG.RRMS.SERVICE is required. Enable the refresh user ID (rfreshid):
PERMIT CTG.RRMS.SERVICE CLASS(FACILITY) rfreshid ACCESS(CONTROL)
- Shut down all existing Gateway daemons in the LPAR, and ctgmaster if you are using an earlier version of the CICS Transaction Gateway in this LPAR.
- Add hlq.SCTGLINK to the MVS™ LNKLST. hlq is the install directory of the latest level of CICS Transaction Gateway installed on the LPAR. This load library must be APF-authorized.
- Issue the MVS command:
to refresh the LNKLST LOOKASIDE address space (LLA).
- Issue the following commands in the following order:
to shut down and restart the CTGRRMS service.
- If the command detects that instances of the CICS Transaction Gateway are running, it issues a warning and does not shut down CRGRRMS services. Check again that no Gateway daemon services and no ctgmaster processes (if you are using an earlier version in this LPAR) are running.
- Repeat these steps on every LPAR on which you install this version of CICS Transaction Gateway.
A Gateway daemon, or version of ctgasi, from an earlier release cannot run a CTGINIT file from a later release. The version of ctgasi which invokes CTGINIT and causes the service to be refreshed must be from the later release.
- The CTGINIT module in hlq.SCTGLINK must be added to the MVS LNKLST if you want to use XA support through CTGRRMS services It is not used for any other reason. If CICS TG is not configured for XA support then CTGINIT does not need to be in the MVS LNKLST.
- If XA support is enabled, an address space, called CTGRRMS gets started the first time you start either a ctgmaster process or a Gateway daemon, or when you run the ctgasi command. Since the CTGRRMS address space is not started with JCL there is no steplib.
If XA is enabled and CTGINIT is not in the MVS LNKLST you will see the message:
CSV003I REQUESTED MODULE CTGINIT NOT FOUND
- CTGINIT is downward compatible. CICS TG V6.1, V7.0, V7.1, and V7.2 can all be run, using the CICS TG V7.2 CTGINIT.