These samples are for running on a CICS® server.
To run the sample programs, the correct server programs and transactions must be built and available on your CICS server. These samples are in <install_path>/samples/server.
- This sample returns the current date and time in its COMMAREA.
- This sample returns the number of times it has been run in a unit of work in its COMMAREA.
- This sample receives CHAR container INPUTDATA and performs CICS GET CONTAINER commands to return the contents, length and CCSID of the container. This program returns the length in a BIT container and the CCSID in a CHAR container, plus the date and time on the CICS server and a message containing the input data or a failure message.
- This sample returns the following data in the COMMAREA:This sample can be called from the Java EciB2 sample.
- Date and timestamp
- CICS APPLID of the region where this program was run
- CICS platform (e.g. CICS TS, IBM® TXSeries®)
- Version and release of CICS
- CICS USERID that the mirror used when it ran (e.g. CICSUSER)
- CICS mirror used (e.g. CPMI, CSMI)
- CICS transid used
- CICS protocol used (e.g. IPIC, SNA)
For information about how to build and install these programs, refer to your CICS server documentation.