Upgrading a Gateway with XA support
To upgrade a Gateway with XA support and not a member of a Gateway group.
About this task
- Refresh the CTGRRMS services, follow the steps in Refreshing CTGRRMS services.
- Remove the CTG_RRMNAME from the STDENV file.
- Specify an APPLID and APPLIDQUALIFIER.
The fully qualified APPLID must be unique within the sysplex.
See Configuring identification using APPLIDConfiguring identification using APPLID for a general explanation of APPLID and APPLIDQUALIFIER. See EXCI server connectionsEXCI server connections for details about what APPLID and APPLIDQUALIFIER must be set to when XA support is enabled.
- The Gateway registers with the following resource manager name:
- You must permit access for the Gateway daemon USERID to one of
the following RACF® facilities when XA support is enabled:
- ALTER access to the MVSADMIN.RRS.COMMANDS.** facility.
- ALTER access to the MVSADMIN.RRS.COMMANDS.gname.sysname facility.
- is the logging group name and corresponds to the logging group in the RRS administrative panels in ISPF. Set gname to the value for the sysplex where the Gateway is running.
- is the system name. Set sysname to the value for the LPAR where the Gateway is running
If you give ALTER access to MVSADMIN.RRS.COMMANDS.** the Gateway daemon is permitted to perform recovery operations for transactions associated with any system name or logging group. This option requires less administration but does not provide granularity of control.
If you give ALTER access to MVSADMIN.RRS.COMMANDS.gname.sysname the Gateway daemon is permitted to perform recovery operations for transactions associated with the specified system name or logging group. This option allows for greater granularity of control but requires a greater amount of administration.