Adding a screen reference in the application-provided screen
You can add a screen in an existing application-provided screen.
- Log on to Sterling Call Center. The Home page opens.
- From the application header, click
the Development Tools icon , and select Customize from
Alternatively, you can select Customize from Outline. The Select screen to Extend window opens. The list of screens present in the current screen is displayed. For example, if you open the Order Search screen, the tree displays Order Search, Order List Screen, and others present in this screen.From the tree, select the screen that you want to customize, and click Extend Screen.Note:
- If you cannot customize the selected screen, an appropriate message is displayed.
- You cannot use the customize option to customize screens that contain iframes, such as the Print PDF Container screen.
- If multiple instances of the same screen are found, by default, the first instance of the screen is selected for customization.
- Select the screen to which you want to add a screen.
- After you select a particular screen to add extensions, you cannot select any other screen. To select another screen, click Close.
- If you cannot apply extensions for the selected screen, an appropriate message is displayed.
- Click the Layout tab, if necessary.
By default, the Layout tab is selected.
- From Widget Palette panel, select Screen
Reference and drag the widget to the Screen
Outline panel and place the widget in the appropriate position.
The <selected widget>: Basic Properties window
opens. Note: While you are positioning the selected widget, green color indicates that you can place the widget in the selected position. Red color indicates that you cannot place the widget in the selected position. You can also rearrange widgets by placing the selected widget either before, after, or within a widget.
- In the Unique identifier field, enter the unique identifier for the screen.
- In the Package name field, enter the package name of the screen.
- In the Class name field, enter the class name of the screen.
- Click Apply. The <Screen Reference: widget name> panel opens to the right.
- Enter the basic details and binding details such as source and target mappings.
- If you apply multiple extensions to the screen, click Apply.
- Click Save to save
all your extensions. Note: It is suggested that you refresh or reload the application after you save your extensions.
- Click Close.