Create a value-added service in IBM Sterling Business Center
Value-added services are services that customize a product for a buyer, or allow for internal inventory management. This can be because of a buyer's special requirements, such as creating a customized order, or performing special processes for the buyer at the warehouse, or providing additional services to the customer, such as installing a light fixture.
About this task
You can create a value-added service from the Create Service screen.
You can create the following types of value-added services:
- Kitting Service: describes the process of assembling the components of an item.
- DeKitting Service: describes the process of disassembling an item. This is used to acquire an item component to complete another order.
- Compliance Service: describes the value-added services that must be performed to supply an item to a specific buyer. This service is used for made-to-customer orders.
- Inventory Change Service: describes how to convert inventory from one UOM to another UOM.
To create a value-added service:
- Navigate to the Create Service
screen. To navigate to the Create Service screen, perform the following
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page,
click New Service in the Catalog dashlet.
The Create Service screen is displayed.
- In the Create Service screen that is displayed,
perform the following steps:
- From the Value-Added Service area,
select any one of the radio buttons. Note: The Service Type, UOM list, Capacity UOM are read-only for a Value-Added Service.
- In the Service ID* text box, enter the unique service identifier.
- Click Save.
Note: * indicates that the field is mandatory.
The Primary Information screen is displayed.
- From the Value-Added Service area, select any one of the radio buttons.