Associate a service skill to a provided service, delivery service, or special service
You can associate a service skill to a provided service, delivery service, or special service from the Service Skills screen. For example, you may want to associate electrical work as a service skill for an installation service.
About this task
To associate a service skill to a provided service, delivery service, or special service:
- Navigate to the Service Skills screen.
To navigate to the Service Skills screen, perform the following steps:
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Service in the Catalog dashlet.
- In the Service Search screen, click Search to view a list of all the available services. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of services displayed.
- The Service Search screen is displayed. In the Services panel that is displayed, click the Service ID hyperlink.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Skills.
The Service Skills screen is displayed.
- In the Select the skill sets required
for this service area, perform the following:
- From the Available Skills list, select the skill that is to be associated to the service item.
- Click the Move Right icon to move
the selected skill to the Required Skills list.
Tip: Click the Move All - Right icon to move all the available skills to the required skills list.
- Click Save.
The selected skills are associated to the provided service, delivery service, or special service, and are included for the execution of either of the services.