Modify an item's instruction
You can choose to modify an instruction description, or modify the instruction type from either manual text to a predefined set of instruction or from a predefined set of instruction to a manual text.
About this task
You can modify an instruction from the Item Instructions screen.
To modify an item's instruction:
- Navigate to the
Instructions screen. To navigate to the Instructions screen, perform
the following steps:
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Item in the Catalog dashlet.
- In the Item Search screen, enter the search criteria, and then click Search to view a list of all the available items. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of items displayed.
- In the Items panel that is displayed, click the Item ID hyperlink. Alternatively, double-click the row containing the Item ID.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Instructions.
The Instructions screen is displayed.
- From the Manage Instructions for type drop-down list, select an instruction type to view all the instructions pertaining to the selected instruction type. The list displays all the configured item instruction types.
- In the Instructions panel
of the Item Instructions screen, perform the following steps:
- Select the instruction row that you want
The Details area is populated with the details of the selected instruction.
- In the Details area, make the necessary modifications.
- To modify another instruction, repeat
step a to step b. Note: Do not clear the check box adjacent to an instruction when navigating between instructions.
- Select the instruction row that you want to modify.
- Click Save in the
Item Instructions screen.
The item's instruction is modified.