Modify a classification value
You can modify the short description and long description of a classification value that is associated to the item attribute in the item master catalog.
About this task
To modify a classification value:
- Navigate to the Classification
List screen. To navigate to the Classification List screen, perform
the following steps:
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page,
click Manage Classifications in the Catalog dashlet.
The Classification List screen is displayed.
- Click the Classification ID hyperlink corresponding to the classification whose value you want to define.
- The Classification Details panel is displayed. From the Classification Hierarchy panel, select the corresponding value that you want to modify.
- The Classification Value Details panel
is displayed. Make the necessary modifications:
- In the Short Description* box, modify the brief description of the value.
- In the Long Description box, modify the
detailed description of the value.
Note: The Classification Value ID box is displayed as a read-only box.
- Click Save.
- If more than one locale is configured, the Localize icon is displayed adjacent to all the localizable fields and the Localize related task is displayed in the Related Tasks panel. The localizable fields such as Short Description, Long Description, and so on, are always displayed in the base locale irrespective of the user locale. For example, if IBM Sterling Business Center is localized to French with the base locale as English, and a French user logs in to IBM Sterling Business Center, all the UI literals except the localizable fields are displayed in French. The localizable fields are displayed in English. The user can click either the Localize icon or Localize to localize a field that is displayed in the base locale.
- * indicates that the field is mandatory.
The classification value is modified.