Modify asset details
You can choose to modify the short description and description of an asset. You can also modify the location of the server, asset type, and the name of the file in which the asset is created.
About this task
To modify asset details:
- Navigate to the Primary
Information screen. To navigate to the Primary Information screen,
perform the following steps:
- Log in to IBM Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Item in the Catalog dashlet.
- From the Item Search screen that is displayed, enter the search criteria, and then click Search to view a list of all the available items. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of items displayed.
- In the Items panel that is displayed,
click the Item ID hyperlink. Alternatively, double-click the
row containing the Item ID.
The Primary Information screen is displayed.
- In the Related Tasks panel, click Manage Assets.
- In the Assets panel that is displayed, select the asset row that you want to modify.
- The Asset Detail area is displayed.
Make the necessary modifications:
- In the Short Description* box, enter a new brief description of the asset.
- In the Long Description box, enter a new detailed description of the asset.
- From the Server drop-down list, select a new server on which this asset type is located.
- From the Type drop-down list, select a new asset type. If the selected asset type pertains to an image, the preview of the corresponding image is displayed in the Assets panel after the server and the filename have been specified.
- In the File box, enter a new name of the file.
- Click Save. Note: The Asset ID text box is displayed as read-only.
The asset details are modified.