Modify an alternative unit of measure
You can modify an alternative unit of measure (UOM) for an item so that it can be used in the selling environment in a new way.
About this task
To modify an alternative unit of measure:
- Navigate to the
Item UOMs screen. To navigate to the Item UOMs screen perform the
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Item in the Catalog dashlet.
- In the Item Search screen, enter the search criteria, and then click Search to view a list of all the available items. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of items displayed.
- In the Items panel that is displayed, click the Item ID hyperlink. Alternatively, double-click the row containing the Item ID.
- In the Related Tasks panel, click Manage
The Item UOMs screen is displayed.
- In the Details panel
of the Item UOMs screen, perform the following steps:
- Select the UOM you want to modify.
- Modify the UOM details in the Selected
UOM panel. Note: Do not modify the Conversion Quantity to Inventory Quantity* text box if orders exist in the system using this unit of measure.
- To modify another UOM, repeat step a
to step b. CAUTION:Do not clear the check box adjacent to an UOM when navigating between UOMs.
- Click Save.
The alternative unit of measure is modified.