Delete search indexes by date
You can delete an inactive search index by date if you no longer have a use for that search index.
About this task
You can delete search indexes by date from the Item Catalog Index List screen.
To delete search indexes that are older than a specified date:
- Navigate to the Item
Catalog Index List screen. To navigate to the Item Catalog Index List
screen, perform the following steps:
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page,
click Manage Catalog Indexes from the Catalog dashlet.
The Item Catalog Index screen is displayed.
- In the Related Tasks panel, click Delete Old Indexes.
- The Delete Old Indexes dialog box is displayed.
Perform the following steps:
- In the Delete Indexes Older Than* box,
enter a date. Alternatively, click the Calendar icon
to select a date. Indexes older than the date will be deleted.
Note: Ensure that the date is not later than the build timestamp of the active index because you cannot delete an active index.
- Click Confirm.
- A message asking you for confirmation
is displayed. Click Yes to delete the search
indexes older than the date.
Note: * indicates that the field is mandatory.
Search indexes older than the date are deleted.
- In the Delete Indexes Older Than* box, enter a date. Alternatively, click the Calendar icon to select a date. Indexes older than the date will be deleted.