Delete an instruction from a service
You can delete instructions that were added manually and instructions that were added from the existing instruction codes.
About this task
When you delete an instruction that was added manually to a service, the instruction is deleted from the database. However, when you delete an instruction that was added from the existing instruction codes, the instruction is not deleted from the database but only dissociated from the service.
To delete an instruction from a service:
- Navigate to the Service Instructions
screen. To navigate to the Service Instructions screen, perform the
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Service in the Catalog dashlet.
- In the Service Search screen, click Search to view a list of all the available services. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of services displayed.
- In the Services panel that is displayed, click the Service ID hyperlink.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Instructions.
The Service Instructions screen is displayed.
- From the Manage instructions for type drop-down list, select an instruction type to view all the instructions pertaining to the selected instruction type. The list displays all the configured service instruction types.
- In the Instruction panel
of the Service Instructions screen, perform the following steps:
- Select the instruction that you want to remove from the service.
- The row is highlighted, and the Details panel is enabled. Click Delete.
- A message asking for confirmation is
displayed. Click Yes to delete the selected
service from the list.
The instruction is deleted from the service.