Define primary information for a special service
After you have created a service, you can now define the details for the newly created service. Also, if you have already defined the service details, you can modify the service details.
About this task
You can define the primary information for a service from the Primary Information screen.
To define primary information for a service:
- From the Status drop-down list, select
the status of the service. Select one of the following:
- Held (Unpublished): select to make the service unavailable. Such items are not processed by the IBM Sterling Order Management System Software APIs.
- Published: select to make the service available to the IBM Sterling Order Management System Software APIs.
- In the Short Description* text box, enter the brief description of the service. This description is displayed when the list of items are displayed in a table. For example, in the Search Results screen.
- In the Long Description text box, enter the detailed description of the service. This description is displayed at wherever the service details are displayed. For example, in the Service Details screen.
- In the Service Quantity area
- The specified manually on the line: option for special service is disabled.
- The copied from the associated product line's quantity: option indicates that the ordered quantity of a service item is determined from the ordered quantity of a product item association. By default, this option is selected.
- In the Capacity Consumption area,
perform the following:
- In A fixed capacity of <Number of units in hour(s)> will be consumed for each line, enter the number of fixed hour or hours that is required to complete one quantity of the service item in the order line. For example, for a gift wrapping service, if the processing time required to gift wrap a Book is 2 hours, then you must enter 2 as the number of hours.
- Define an additional capacity:
- The in the associated product's configuration option for special service is disabled.
- The in this service: option indicates that the additional variable capacity is determined based on the ordered quantity. By default, this option is selected.
- In An additional capacity of <Number of units in hour(s)> will be consumed for each quantity on the line, enter the number of additional unit or units consumed for each quantity of the line.
- Click Save in the
Primary Information screen. Note:
- If more than one locale is configured, the Localize icon is displayed adjacent to all the localizable fields and the Localize related task is displayed in the Related Tasks panel. The localizable fields such as Short Description, Long Description, and so on, are always displayed in the base locale irrespective of the user locale. For example, if IBM Sterling Business Center is localized to French with the base locale as English, and a French user logs in to IBM Sterling Business Center, all the UI literals except the localizable fields are displayed in French. The localizable fields are displayed in English. The user can click either the Localize icon or Localize to localize a field that is displayed in the base locale.
- * indicates that the field is mandatory.
The primary information for the special service is defined. You can now perform the related tasks such as managing skills, managing product item associations, and so on.