Define primary information for a delivery service
After you have created a service, you can now define the details for the newly created service. Also, if you have already defined the service details, you can modify the service details.
About this task
You can define the primary information for a service from the Primary Information screen.
To define primary information for a service:
- From the Service Status drop-down
list, select the status of the service. Select one of the following:
- Held (Unpublished): select to make the item unavailable. Such items are not processed by the IBM Sterling Order Management System Software APIs.
- Published: select to make the item available to the IBM Sterling Order Management System Software APIs.
- In the Short Description* text box, enter the brief description of the service. This description is displayed when the list of items are displayed in a table. For example, in the Search Results screen.
- In the Long Description text box, enter the detailed description of the service. This description is displayed at wherever the service details are displayed. For example, in the Service Details screen.
- The Primary Fields area is read-only.
It displays the following:
- Service Type
- Capacity UOM
- In the Service Quantity area, select
the radio button corresponding to any of the following service quantities:
- specified manually on the line: select to manually specify the ordered quantity on the order line.
- copied from the associated product line's quantity: select to specify one ordered quantity of a service item for each ordered quantity of a product item.
- In the Capacity Consumption area,
perform the following:
- In A fixed capacity of <Number of units> Unit will be consumed for each quantity on the line, enter the number of fixed hour or hours that is required to complete one quantity of the item in the order line. For example, for a home delivery service, if the time required to deliver one quantity of a Television is 2 hours, then you must enter 2 as the number of hours.
- Define an additional capacity by selecting
any one of the following:
- in the associated product's configuration: select to specify the additional variable capacity based on the associated product line quantity.
- in this service: select to specify the additional variable capacity based on the ordered quantity.
- In An additional capacity of <Number
of units> Unit will be consumed for each quantity on the line,
enter the number of additional unit or units consumed for each quantity
of the line. Note: This option is enabled only if you select the In this service option when defining the additional capacity.
- Click Save in the
Primary Information screen. Note:
- If more than one locale is configured, the Localize icon is displayed adjacent to all the localizable fields and the Localize related task is displayed in the Related Tasks panel. The localizable fields such as Short Description, Long Description, and so on, are always displayed in the base locale irrespective of the user locale. For example, if IBM Sterling Business Center is localized to French with the base locale as English, and a French user logs in to IBM Sterling Business Center, all the UI literals except the localizable fields are displayed in French. The localizable fields are displayed in English. The user can click either the Localize icon or Localize to localize a field that is displayed in the base locale.
- * indicates that the field is mandatory.
The primary information for the delivery service is defined. You can now perform the related tasks such as managing instructions, managing associations, and so on.