Define the merchandising and sales details of an item
For an item, you can provide additional merchandising and sales details that can be viewed by the customer when the customer places an order.
About this task
The additional merchandising and sales details can also be used by the sales force when selling the item. For example, you may add an image for each of the locales the product is going to be sold in.
You can manage the merchandise and sales details for an item from the Marketing and Sales Fields screen.
To define merchandise and sales details for an item:
- Navigate to the Merchandising and Sales Fields screen.
To navigate to the Merchandising and Sales Fields screen, perform
the following steps:
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Item in the Catalog dashlet.
- From the Item Search screen, enter the search criteria, and then click Search to view a list of all the available items. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of items displayed.
- In the Items panel that is displayed, click the Item ID hyperlink. Alternatively, double-click the row containing the Item ID.
- In the Related Tasks panel, click Manage
The Merchandising and Sales Fields screen is displayed.
- In the Extended Description box,
enter a detailed description about the item. The details screen is
displayed, with the following read-only text boxes.
In the Merchandising and Sales Fields panel, perform the following steps:
- From the Item Image Server drop-down list, select the location of the server where the item image is located.
- In the Item Image File box, enter the name of the image file that is to be used as the item image. Ensure that the file name you enter is exactly the same as available in the server.
- In the Item Image Description box, enter
the description of the item image.
- An image of the item is displayed adjacent the Item Main Image field.
- The Assigned to categories field is displayed only if the item is assigned to at least one category. Value of this field indicates the path to the corresponding categories in a catalog to which the item is assigned.
- In the Sales fields panel, perform
the following steps:
- From the Cost Currency drop-down list, select a currency, such as Euro or Dollar, which the cost of the item is determined.
- In the Minimum Order Quantity text box, enter the minimum quantity of the item for which an order can be created. An order will not be created if a customer enters a quantity less than the entered minimum order quantity.
- In the Unit Cost box, enter the cost of the item. All cycle counts are based on the unit cost of the item.
- In the Maximum Order Quantity box, enter the maximum quantity of the item for which an order can be created. Ensure that the maximum order quantity is greater than the minimum order quantity. An order will not be created if a customer enters a quantity more than the entered maximum order quantity.
- In the Computed Cost Box, enter the computed cost of the item.
- From the Eligible for shipping discount drop-down list, select Yes if the item is eligible for a shipping discount.
- From the Gift Wrapping Available drop-down list, select Yes if gift wrapping is available for the item.
- From the Bundle Pricing Strategy drop-down
list, select one of the following options:
- Only include components: Select this to calculate the cost of a bundle item based only on the bundle components.
- Only include parent: Select this to calculate the cost of a bundle item based only on the bundle parent item.
- Include both parent and components: Select this to calculate the cost of a bundle item based on both the bundle parent item and its components.
Note: The Bundle Pricing Strategy drop-down list is displayed only for bundle items. If you have created a bundle item as a configurable item in the Components screen, ensure that you select only the Include both parent and components option from the Bundle Pricing Strategy drop-down list. If the configurable bundle item is created as a preconfigured item, ensure that you select only the Only include parent option from the Bundle Pricing Strategy drop-down list.
- Select the Taxable check box, if the item is taxable.
- Select the Must be sold as a component in a bundle or kit check box if the item must not be sold as an individual component, and can only be sold as a component in either a bundle item or a physical kit item.
- Select the Can be added to work order as service tool check box to allow the item to be used as a service tool on a work order. A service tool can still serve as a regular product item whose inventory can be adjusted and tracked within IBM® Sterling Order Management System Software. Additionally, it can be associated with a work order as a tool that may be used by a resource to complete the work order's services.
- In the Kit fields panel, from the Cost
Factor Group to be Used for calculations drop-down list select
the cost factor group that you want applied for the work-in-progress
cost computations. This list contains the cost factor groups defined
by the catalog organization's Primary Enterprise. Note: The Cost Factor Group to be Used for calculations is applicable only if you are using the IBM Sterling Order Management System Software inventory costing feature, and you have identified the item as a Physical Kit type.
- Click Save.
Note: If more than one locale is configured, the Localize icon is displayed adjacent to all the localizable fields and the Localize related task is displayed in the Related Tasks panel. The localizable fields such as Short Description, Long Description, and so on, are always displayed in the base locale irrespective of the user locale. For example, if IBM Sterling Business Center is localized to French with the base locale as English, and a French user logs in to IBM Sterling Business Center, all the UI literals except the localizable fields are displayed in French. The localizable fields are displayed in English. The user can click either the Localize icon or Localize to localize a field that is displayed in the base locale.
The merchandising and sales details of the item are defined.