Create a delivery service in IBM Sterling Business Center
A delivery service is used for the last mile delivery associations. The last mile delivery differs from the order shipping because specific product item deliveries are made using a carrier with a defined capacity constraint. For example, you might want to associate a delivery service with Projection TVs and washing machines.
About this task
A delivery item is uniquely defined by its item ID and unit of measure. Typically, you can use delivery services for product items that are:
- Heavy, oversized, or fragile, and cannot be transported by common carriers
- Require special handling such as special equipment and/or personnel
You can create a delivery service from the Create Service screen.
To create a delivery service:
- Navigate to the Create Service
screen. To navigate to the Create Service screen, perform the following
- Log in to IBM Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page,
click New Service in the Catalog dashlet.
The Create Service screen is displayed.
- In the Create Service screen that is displayed,
perform the following steps:
- In the Select the type of service to be created area, select the Delivery radio button.
- In the Service ID* text box, enter the unique service identifier.
- From the UOM list, select the unit of measure for the service.
- From the Service Type* drop-down
list, select the service type.
Depending on the Service Type* you have selected, the Capacity UOM text box is populated with the capacity unit of measure that is associated with the selected service type.
- Click Save.
Note: * indicates that the field is mandatory.
The service is created and the Primary Information screen is displayed.