Create a classification in IBM Sterling Business Center
You can create a classification to classify items with similar characteristics in a catalog.
About this task
For example, you have items that contain hazardous materials and items that do not contain hazardous materials in your catalog. You want to source hazardous items out of Node 1 and non- hazardous materials out of Node 2. In this scenario, you can create an item classification for the Hazardous Materials item attribute, which is used for sourcing.
You can create a classification from the Classification Management screen.
To create a classification:
- Navigate to the Classification
List screen. To navigate to the Classification List screen, perform
the following steps:
- Log in to IBM Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page,
click Manage Classifications in the Catalog dashlet.
The Classification List screen is displayed.
- In the Related Tasks panel, click Create Classification.
- The Classification Management screen is
displayed. Perform the following steps in the Create Classification panel:
- In the Classification ID* box, enter a unique identifier (ID) for the classification. This identifier cannot be modified after it has been defined.
- In the Short Description* box, enter a brief description of the classification.
- In the Long Description box, enter a detailed description of the classification. This detailed description typically contains any additional information about the classification.
- From the Associated Item Field* drop-down list, select the associated item field that will be used to hold the classification value when associating a classification value to an item.
- Click Save.
Note: * indicates that the field is mandatory.
A new classification is created.