Authorize a subcatalog organization to manage a category
Subcatalog organizations are enterprises that refer to the catalog organization as their own catalog organization. The catalog organization authorizes subcatalog organizations to manage the categories within the master catalog, and define seller entitlements that grant or restrict other organizations' access to the categories within the master catalog.
About this task
You can authorize a subcatalog organization to manage a category from the Catalog List screen.
To authorize a subcatalog organization to manage a category:
- Navigate to the Catalog Management
Screen. To navigate to the Catalog Management screen, perform the
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Manage Catalogs in the Catalog dashlet.
- The Catalog List screen is displayed. Click the Catalog
ID hyperlink corresponding to the catalog for whose category
you want to assign an item.
The Catalog Management screen is displayed.
- In the Related Tasks panel, click Create Category.
- The Create Category panel is displayed. Click the Search icon adjacent the Authorized To box.
- The Basic Subcatalog Search dialog box is
displayed. Perform the following steps:
- Enter the search criteria, and click Search.
- A list of subcatalog organizations is displayed. Select the check box adjacent the corresponding organization ID.
- Click Save.
The selected subcatalog organization is displayed in the Authorized To box.
- In the Catalog Management screen, click Save.
The subcatalog organization is authorized to manage the category.
- You can authorize a subcatalog organization to manage a category only during the process of creating the category.
- You can neither dissociate a subcatalog organization from a category nor replace it with another subcatalog organization.