Associate a supersession service to a service
You can set up a supersession association for a service to indicate that the service can be superseded by one or more services.
About this task
If a service is associated with a supersession service, then the original service is automatically superseded when its effective date becomes obsolete. For example, you can configure service A to be superseded by service B, which in turn can be superseded by service C; however, you cannot specify that both services B and C should directly supersede service A.
When you are configuring a supersession for a service, it is a good practice to specify services that are similar and are comparably-priced to the service that is being superseded.
You can associate a supersession service to a service from the Service Associations screen.
To manage supersession associations for a service:
- Navigate to the Service Associations
screen. To navigate to the Service Associations screen, perform the
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Service in the Catalog dashlet.
- In the Service Search screen, click Search to view a list of all the available services. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of services displayed.
- The Service Search screen is displayed. In the Services panel that is displayed, click the Service ID hyperlink.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Supersession.
The Service Associations screen is displayed.
- In the Services area, click Add.
- The Add Association Service dialog box is
displayed. Perform the following steps:
- In the Service ID* text box, click the Search icon to search for a Service ID. The Basic Service Search dialog box is displayed. Click Search to view the list of available items. You can use either the Basic Search or Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of services displayed.
- In the search results list that is displayed, select the service that must be associated as an alternative service, and click Select.
- Select an Effective Start Date*. Click the Calendar icon to view the calendar, and select a date. The effective start date is the date from which the alternative item is associated with the service.
- Select an Effective End Date*. Click the Calendar icon to view the calendar, and select a date. The effective end date is the date until which the alternative item is associated with the service.
- In the Associated Quantity* text box, enter the quantity of the associated service.
- In the Priority field, enter the priority of the associated service. Services with the highest priority are considered first when the service is automatically substituted during scheduling. An association with the highest priority is displayed first in the list of associations displayed in the Web channel application.
- Click Save to
save the details, and close the dialog box. Note: * indicates that the field is mandatory.
The supersession service is associated to the service.