Associate a special service to an item
You can associate a special service to an item to indicate a relationship between the service and the item.
About this task
For example, you can assign Gift Wrapping as a special service for the item, Book. For the associated special service, you can define details such as effective start and end date for the service and the associated service quantity required for the item, the skill sets required for the service, and so on.
You can associate a special service to an item from the Special Service Associations screen.
To associate a special service to an item:
- Navigate to the Special Service Associations
screen. To navigate to the Special Service Associations screen, perform
the following steps:
- Log in to IBM Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Item in the Catalog dashlet.
- In the Item Search screen, enter the search criteria, and then click Search to view a list of all the available items. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of items displayed.
- In the Items panel that is displayed, click the Item ID hyperlink. Alternatively, double-click the row containing the Item ID.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Special Services.
The Special Service Associations screen is displayed.
- In the Services panel, click Add.
- The Add Association Service dialog box is
displayed. Perform the following steps:
- Search for an Service ID*. Click the Search icon, the Basic Service Search dialog box is displayed. Enter the search criteria and click Search. Alternatively, you can use either the Basic Service Search or Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of services listed. The Services panel with a list of services is displayed. Select a service, and click Select.
- Select an Effective Start Date*. Click the Calendar icon to view the calendar, and select a date. The effective start date is the date from which the association becomes active.
- Select an Effective End Date*. Click the Calendar icon to view the calendar, and select a date. The effective end date is the date until which the association remains active.
- In the Associated Quantity* text box, enter the quantity of the associated item that is relevant to this association.
- In the Priority field, enter the priority of the association. A association with the highest priority is displayed first in the list of associations displayed in the Web channel application.
- Click Save.
The special service is associated to the item.