Associate a provided service to an item
You can associate a provided service to an item to indicate a relationship between the service and the item. For example, you can assign Television installation as a provided service for the item, Television. For the associated provided service, you can define details such as the service quantity required for a specified quantity of the item, the skill sets required for the service, and so on.
About this task
You can associate a provided service to an item from the Provided Service Associations screen.
To associate a provided service to an item:
- Navigate to the Provided Service
Associations screen. To navigate to the Provided Service Associations
screen, perform the following steps:
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Item in the Catalog dashlet.
- In the Item Search screen, enter the search criteria, and then click Search to view a list of all the available items. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of items displayed.
- In the Items panel that is displayed, click the Item ID hyperlink. Alternatively, double-click the row containing the Item ID.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Provided Services.
The Provided Service Associations screen is displayed.
- In the Services panel, click Add.
- The Basic Service Search dialog box is displayed. Enter the search criteria and click Search. Alternatively, you can use either the Basic Service Search or Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of services listed.
- The Services panel with a list of services is displayed. Select a service, and click Select.
- The details of the service is populated
in the Details area. Perform the following steps:
- In the This service requires <number> of capacity to deliver <number of units> quantity, enter the appropriate value for the capacity and the quantity. For example, if you had selected the unit of measure as hours when creating the service, enter the units for the capacity in hours, and the number of quantity units of the service.
- Select the Hold scheduling the service until the associated line has completed check box if the provided service has a dependency on the item flow.
- In This service must be completed <number of unit of time> enter the appropriate value to specify the offset duration, and <select an option> to specify when the service must be completed. The offset duration is the time required for the service to be completed before or after the delivery of the item. If the offset time is set before the delivery of the item, then the ServiceTimeOffset is set as a negative value, otherwise it is set as a positive value.
- From the Available Skills list, select the skill that is to be associated to the service item.
- Click the Move All- Right icon
to move the selected skill to the Associated Skills list.
Tip: Click the Move Right icon to move all the available skills to the Associated Skills list.
- Click Save.
The provided service is associated to the item.