Associate a keyword to a category
Keywords act as alternative identifiers for a category. Keywords are a list of strings that can be used by a customer using the Web channel application when searching for a category. For example, a keyword for a Televisions category can be TV.
About this task
You can associate a keyword to a category from the Catalog Management screen.
To associate a keyword to a category:
- Navigate to the Catalog Management
Screen. To navigate to the Catalog Management screen, perform the
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Manage Catalogs in the Catalog dashlet.
- The Catalog List screen is displayed. Click the Catalog
ID hyperlink corresponding to the catalog for whose category
you want to assign an item.
The Catalog Management screen is displayed.
- From the Catalog Hierarchy tree, select the category to which you want to associate a keyword.
- In the Related Tasks panel, click Manage Keywords.
- The Keywords screen is displayed. In the Keywords box, enter the keywords for a category. You can enter multiple keywords by separating each word with a comma.
- Click Save.
The keywords are associated to the category.