Associate a generic customer group to a customer entitlement
You can associate a generic customer group to a customer entitlement so that the customer group can access the items that are assigned to them in the customer entitlement.
About this task
The following customers can be associated to a customer entitlement:
- Anonymous Customers
- Business Customers
- Consumer Customers
You can associate a generic customer group to a customer entitlement from the Customer Entitlement screen.
To associate a generic customer group for a customer entitlement:
- Navigate to the Customer Entitlement
Search screen. To navigate to the Customer Entitlement Search screen,
perform the following steps:
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page,
click Find Entitlement from the Catalog dashlet.
The Customer Entitlement Search screen is displayed.
- Enter the search criteria, and click Search to view a list of all the available entitlements. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of entitlements displayed.
- The search results are displayed in the Entitlement panel. Click the Entitlement ID hyperlink corresponding to the entitlement to which you want to associate a generic customer group. Alternatively, double-click the row containing the corresponding Entitlement ID.
- The Entitlement Detail panel is displayed. Click the Customers Assignments tab.
- In the Customer Assignments area, click the Generic Assignments tab.
- In the Generic Assignments area that
is displayed, select one of the following radio buttons:
- This entitlement is applicable for all customers - Select this to assign the entitlement to all the customers.
- This entitlement is applicable to the following
customers - Select this to assign the entitlement to only certain
customers, and select the following check boxes.
- Anonymous Users - Select this to assign the entitlement to anonymous users. An anonymous user is a user who browses the Web channel application without logging in. An anonymous user can add items to a cart without logging in to Web channel application. If you select this check box, the anonymous users will see the prices defined in the price list when they browse the product catalog.
- All consumer customers- Select this to assign the entitlement to all the consumers.
- All business customers - Select this to assign the entitlement to all the business customers.
Note: The This entitlement is applicable to the following customers radio button and the check boxes in the corresponding area are disabled, if you have selected either the This entitlement is not assigned to any customer radio button or the This entitlement is applicable for all customers radio button in the Generic Assignments area.
- In the Customer Entitlement area, click Save.
The generic customer group is associated to the corresponding customer entitlement.