Associate an exclusion code to a service
You can assign an exclusion code to a service if your business practices involve the regulation of service shipments for certain countries and regions. For example, if there are certain countries and regions that you ship-to that do not allow the shipment of certain hazardous materials, you can assign an exclusion code to the services that may contain the hazardous material.
About this task
By default, IBM® Sterling Order Management System Software does not provide logic to handle service exclusion codes. This functionality is provided to enable the integration of IBM Sterling Order Management System Software with external systems that can handle service exclusion codes.
You can associate an exclusion code to a service from the Aliases and Keywords screen.
To associate an exclusion code to a service:
- Navigate to the Aliases and Keywords
screen. To navigate to the Aliases and Keywords screen, perform the
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Service in the Catalog dashlet.
- In the Service Search screen, click Search to view a list of all the available services. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of services displayed.
- The Service Search screen is displayed. In the Services panel that is displayed, click the Service ID hyperlink.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Aliases And Keywords.
The Aliases and Keywords screen is displayed.
- In the Exclusion Codes area is displayed. From the Available Codes list, select the exclusion code that you want to associate to the item.
- Click the Move Right icon to include the exclusion code in the Subscribed Codes list. To associate all the available codes to the Subscribed Codes list, click the Move All - Right icon
- Click Save.
The exclusion code is associated to the service.