Associate a category to an item for a supersession association
You can associate a category to an item so that all the items in the assigned category are associated to the existing item, which can supersede the original item when its effective date becomes obsolete.
About this task
You can associate a category to an item for a supersession association from the Item Associations screen.
You can manage the category of an item for a supersession from the Item Associations screen.
To associate a category to an item for a supersession association:
- Navigate to the
Item Associations screen. To navigate to the Item Association screen,
perform the following steps:
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Item in the Catalog dashlet.
- From the Item Search screen that is displayed, enter the search criteria, and then click Search to view a list of all the available items. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of items displayed.
- In the Items panel that is displayed, click the Item ID hyperlink. Alternatively, double-click the row containing the Item ID.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Supersessions.
The Items Associations screen is displayed.
- In the Supersession Associations panel, click the Category tab.
- In the Category area that is displayed, click Add.
- The Add Association Category dialog box
is displayed. Perform the following steps:
- In the Category ID* box, click the Calendar icon to select the category. The Tree panel is displayed. Select the category that you want to associate, and click Select.
- Select an Effective Start Date* Click the Calendar icon, and select a date. The effective start date is the date from which the association is active.
- Select an Effective End Date* Click the Calendar icon, and select a date. The effective end date is the date until which the association remains active.
- Click Save to save the details, and close the dialog box.
- Click Save.
Note: * indicates that the field is mandatory.
The category is associated to the item for a supersession association.