Assign multiple attribute values to an item attribute
For some attributes, you can assign multiple values. For example, because multiple port types, such as USB cable, exist you can assign multiple values to the port attribute.
About this task
You can assign multiple attribute values to an item attribute from the Item Attributes screen.
To assign multiple attribute values to an item attribute:
- Navigate to the Item Attributes
screen. To navigate to the Item Attributes screen, perform the following
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Item in the Catalog dashlet.
- From the Item Search screen that is displayed, enter the search criteria, and then click Search to view a list of all the available items. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of items displayed.
- In the Items panel that is displayed, click the Item ID hyperlink. Alternatively, double-click the row containing the Item ID.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Attribute Values.
The Item Attributes screen is displayed.
- From the Manage attributes used for drop-down
list, select the attribute usage type. Note: If the number of attribute usage types in the Manage attributes used for drop-down list is greater than thirty, a text box will be displayed instead of the drop-down list.
- The screen is populated with details of only the attributes that belong to the selected usage type. The panels and fields displayed on the screen depend on the item type you are viewing and the attributes defined when creating the item.
- Click the Modify link adjacent the attribute. Note that only those attributes that can be assigned multiple values have the Modify link.
- A dialog box with a list of available values
is displayed. Perform the following steps:
- Click the Add Another Value link to add a new attribute value row.
- From the drop-down list, select an attribute
value. The list displays all the values that were defined in Attribute
Management screen. Note: When the number of allowed values defined for a text attribute is less than or equal to 30, a drop-down list is displayed. If the number of text attribute value exceeds 30, the drop-down list is replaced by a text box with a search icon. You can use this search icon to search for a text attribute value. When you click the search icon, the Allowed Values Search dialog box is displayed. Enter the text attribute value or the text attribute value description to search for a text attribute value, and click Search. A list of allowed values that matches your search criteria is displayed. Select the required text attribute value, and click Select. Use the Delete icon adjacent to the search icon to clear the existing text attribute value.
- Repeat steps a and b to add more values for the attribute.
- Click Select to assign the new attribute values and close the dialog box.
- Click Save.
The multiple attribute values are assigned to the item attribute.