Add an instruction from existing instruction codes to an item
You can choose to use the predefined set of instruction codes for an item. For example, you may have a preexisting Handle With Care item instruction code that you can associate with fragile items.
About this task
You can add an instruction from existing instruction codes from the Item Instructions screen.
To add an instruction from existing instruction codes to an item:
- Navigate to the
Instructions screen. To navigate to the Instructions screen, perform
the following steps:
- Log in to Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Item in the Catalog dashlet.
- In the Item Search screen, enter the search criteria, and then click Search to view a list of all the available items. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of items displayed.
- In the Items panel that is displayed, click the Item ID hyperlink. Alternatively, double-click the row containing the Item ID.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Instructions.
The Instructions screen is displayed.
- From the Manage Instructions for type drop-down list, select an instruction type to view all the instructions pertaining to the selected instruction type. The list displays all the configured item instruction types.
- In the Instructions panel
of the Item Instructions screen, perform the following steps:
- Click Add.
- The New Instruction dialog box is displayed. In the Details area, select the Use existing instruction code radio button.
- From the drop-down list, select the applicable instruction code.
- Click Save.
The instruction from existing instruction codes is added to the item.