Add an asset to an attribute
Assets are electronic media objects that you associate with items, categories, attributes, and attribute values. Asset types include images, video, audio, and text files.
About this task
You must specify the content location for each of the assets. Typically, assets are digitally-based objects that reside on external systems. For example, you can assign an image file to a category that is available from an online catalog so that online customers can view an image that represents this category. In such a scenario, you must provide a content location for the image file. Content location is the path that identifies the location of the image file.
You can add an asset to an attribute only if you have either selected the Attribute with valid values radio button or the Refers to an item field radio button in the Manage Attribute Details panel when creating an attribute.
You can add an asset to an attribute from the Attribute Management screen.
To add an asset to an attribute:
- Navigate to the
Attribute Management screen. To navigate to the Attribute Management
screen, perform the following steps:
- Log in to IBM Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Manage
Attributes in the Catalog dashlet.
The Attribute Management screen is displayed.
- From the Item Attributes tree, select an attribute whose assets you want to manage.
- The Attribute Details panel is displayed. In the Related Tasks panel, click Manage Assets.
- The Attribute Assets panel is displayed. Click Add.
- The Asset Detail dialog box is displayed.
Perform the following steps:
- In the Asset ID* box, enter a unique identifier (ID) for the asset.
- In the Short Description* box, enter a brief description of the asset.
- In the Long Description box, enter a detailed description of the asset.
- From the Server drop-down list, select the server on which this asset type is located. The drop-down list is either populated by all the available server locations, or the codes that are configured in the Applications Manager.
- From the Type drop-down list, select the asset type. If the selected asset type pertains to an image, the preview of the corresponding image is displayed in the Assets panel after the server and the filename have been specified.
- In the File box, enter the name of the file.
- Click Save.
- In the Attribute Management screen, click Save.
Note: * indicates that the field is mandatory.
A new asset is added to the selected attribute.