Configuring a JBoss application server
About this task
To set up the JBoss application server, you must set up some properties in the JBoss script file.
To set up the JBoss script file, do the following:
- Add the following properties to the
JBOSS_HOME>/bin/standalone.conffile supplied by JBoss. Each property and its proper syntax are described in the following list:
- Required Edits
- Depending on your JVM vendor, specify as follows:
For information about supported JDK tiers and memory requirements for specific operating systems, go to the IBM® Support Portal at http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Planning.
- To ensure that all the Sterling Call Center
display UTF-8 characters for java commands, specify:
This is applicable to all the Sterling Call Center Java™ start-up scripts.
- System Property. If you are using App Server Connection Pooling, use
-Dvendor=jboss. Otherwise, use -Dvendor=shell.
- System property. Specify as an argument to the java command.
The -D properties shown above can either be included in JAVA_OPT$or passed in a command line. For example:
run.sh -c yantra_domain -Djboss.partition.name=yantraPartition -b host -Dvendor=shell -DvendorFile=/servers.properties -DLOGFILE=logs/JBOSS_sci.log -DSECURITY_LOGFILE=logs/JBOSS_security.log
- If you are using an HTTPS transport, download the Secure Socket Extension
(JSSE) 1.0.3 package from http://java.sun.com and add the following files to the
In addition to this setup, see Setting up JBoss to display barcodes and graphs for information about setting up the JBoss application server to display barcodes and graphs.