Manually assign a service item and define the service quantity for a physical kit or bundle item
About this task
In order to assemble a physical kit or bundle item, you can assign manually a service and define the quantity of the item that should be a part of the physical kit or bundle item. This service defines a process about how to assemble the item.
You can manually assign a service and define the service quantity for a physical kit or bundle item from the Components screen.
To manually assign a service item and define the service quantity for a physical kit or bundle item:
- Navigate to the Components
screen. To navigate to the Components screen, perform the following
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page, click Find Item in the Catalog dashlet.
- From the Item Search screen that is displayed, enter the search criteria, and then click Search to view a list of all the available items. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search option to narrow down the list of items displayed.
- In the Items panel that is displayed, click the Item ID hyperlink. Alternatively, double-click the row containing the Item ID.
- The Primary Information screen is displayed. In the Related
Tasks panel, click Manage Components.
The Components screen is displayed.
- The Components panel is displayed, with the Specify Manually radio button selected by default. Click Add Service.
- The Basic Service Search dialog box is displayed. Enter the search criteria, and click Search to view all the available services. Alternatively, use either the Basic Search or the Advanced Search options to narrow down the list of services displayed.
- From the Services list that is displayed, select the check box adjacent the corresponding service.
- Click Select.
- The selected service is added to the services list. In the Quantity box, enter the quantity of the service that should be part of the item. The box can neither be left blank nor can be assigned the value, 0. If either of these occurs, the value assigned to the item earlier will be displayed in the Quantity box.
- Click Save.
The service is assigned to the physical kit or bundle item, and the service quantity is also defined.