Create a dynamic physical kit item in IBM Sterling Business Center
A dynamic physical kit is a set of various components that are not predefined as a kit.
About this task
The components that make up the kit are decided at the time of creating an order. For example, when ordering a computer, a customer can decide to include or exclude some of the individual components of a computer. The customer may want the CPU, monitor, keyboard, and mouse, but not the speakers.
The inventory for a dynamic physical kit is maintained at the kit item (parent) level, and is usually associated with the kitting or dekitting service.
You can create a dynamic physical kit item from the Create Item screen.
To create a dynamic physical kit item:
- Navigate to the Create Item screen.
To Navigate to the Create Item screen, perform the following steps:
- Log in to IBM® Sterling Business Center as an Item Administrator.
- The application home page is displayed. Click the Products tab.
- From the Products home page,
click New Item in the Catalog dashlet.
The Create Item screen is displayed.
- In the Create Item screen, perform the following
- Select the Dynamic Physical Kit radio button.
- In the Item ID* text box, enter the unique identifier for the item.
- From the UOM list, select the
unit of measure that you want to associate with the item. Note: The combination of a unit of measure and an item ID is unique. For example, if you sell the same item having the same item ID from a node in the United States and a node in Canada, and the United States uses pounds as the unit of measure and Canada uses kilograms, the two different units of measure associated with the item ID creates two unique items in the system.
- To associate this item to a category, click the Search icon in the Associate to the category box.
- The Category dialog box is displayed.
From the Catalog Hierarchy tree, select the category of the
maintenance catalog to which you want to associate the item, and click Select.
The item is associated to the selected category.
- Click Save.
Note: * indicates that the field is mandatory.
A new item is created, and the Primary Information screen is displayed.
After an item is created, it is a good practice to define the item's description in the Primary Information screen. You can use this item description as a search criterion when you are performing an item search.