Installing fix packs using the GUI on Windows, UNIX, or Linux
Before you begin
Use the following steps to install the fix pack.
About this task
- Execute the following command to start the IBM Installation
- Windows: <IM_INSTALL_DIR>\eclipse\IBMIM.exe
- Unix or Linux: <IM_INSTALL_DIR>/eclipse/IBMIM
- Indicates the directory where the IBM Installation Manager is installed.
- If you have not added fix pack installation package to
the IBM Installation Manager, perform the following steps. Otherwise,
skip to Step 3.
- In Installation Manager, click File > Preferences... > Repositories. The Preferences page opens and displays the available repositories, repository locations, and the connection status for the repositories.
- Click Add Repository.
- Enter the repository location or click Browse and select the repository.config file for the fix pack installation package .
- Click OK. The new repository location is added to the list. If the repository is not connected, a red box is displayed in the Connection column.
- Click OK to close the Preferences page.
- Click Install. If you are upgrading to the latest version of the fix pack like fix pack 2 or above. Type Upgrade and Press Enter.
- Select the check boxes for multiple installation packages that you may want to install. The installer will proceed to install these packages for you. Click Next.
- The installation manager prompts you to enter the shared resource directory information. Enter the shared resource directory or retain the default directory information and click Next.
- The installer prompts you to enter the installation directory information. Enter the
installation directory path of Sterling Call Center and click
Next. Note: The installer validates the version of the Sterling Call Center. The Next button is activated, only if the Sterling Call Center version is greater than or equal to the current release.
- In the Features page, the installer displays the list of features that are to be installed. Click Next.
- In the Summary page, the packages are displayed. Click Install. A progress indicator displays the percentage of installation completed.
- (Optional) Click View log file to open the installation log file for the current session in a new window.
- Close the Installation Log window and click Finish to complete the installation.