Modifying the refund-related configurations of a payment type
You can modify the refund-related configurations of a payment type.
About this task
To modify the refund-related configurations of a payment type:
- Navigate to the Payment Type Details screen. To
navigate to the Payment Type Details screen,
perform the following steps:
- Log in toBusiness Center as a system administrator or a system setup administrator.
- From the System Setup Home page, expand the Payments menu, and then click Manage Payment Types.
- The Payment Types Search screen is displayed. In the Payment Types Search screen, enter the search criteria, and click Search to perform a basic search.
- The payment types matching the search criteria are displayed. Click the Payment Type ID hyperlink.
The Payment Type Details screen is displayed.Note: If there is only one payment type matching the search criteria, the details of the corresponding payment type are automatically displayed.
- Click the Refunds tab
in the Payment Type Details screen.
Note: The Refund related configurations are editable only if you select Valid For Return check box in the Payment Type Details screen.
- In the Refund Sequence box, enter the preferred refund sequence for the payment type, 0 being highest. When defining the payment types, you can set the default order in which the Seller credits a Buyer's payment types.
- Select Default for Return to designate the selected payment type as the default type to be credited in the Refunds tab.
- Select Link Payment Refund To Settlement Transactions to provide a
link to settlement transactions, during a refund. The link is provided in the
- Select Refund To Same Payment Method to allow refunds to the same payment method.
- Select Refund To New Payment Method to
allow refunds to a new payment method. Note: The refund payment method must have the same refund configuration as the original payment method.
- If you select Refund To New Payment Method in the previous step, select Refund To New Payment Method Type to select a new payment type to use. Only payment types in the STORED_VALUE_CARD or OTHER payment type group are available.
- Select Use the Following Constraints if
the selected payment type has a refund constraint. This rule allows
the administrators to issue a refund by using a different payment
type if the refund amount is greater than or less than a certain value.
- From the If The Refund Amount is, select Greater Than or Less Than from the menu, and enter a refund amount to use as a constraint.
- From the Refund Using Payment Type, select a refund payment type to use if the constraint is valid.
- Select Create Refund Fulfillment Order Using to create a refund fulfillment order instead of creating a payment method.
- From the ItemID lookup widget, select the Item ID of the item to fulfill the refund. When you select the Item ID, the corresponding UOM is automatically populated.
- Select Create Refund Payment and Charge Request to create a refund payment and charge request when refunding to a new payment method.
- Select Create Refund Payment and Wait for Payment Information to ensure that the refund charge request is not created.
- Click Save.