Prerequisites to create an item with variations
An item with variations is a grouping of items that have varying attributes such as style, size, color, or other attributes.
Such a grouping of items is useful when you have items that have individual variable attributes, but yet are similar. For example, a short-sleeved shirt that is available in multiple colors and sizes. The color and size of the short-sleeved shirt are the item's variable attributes.
You can create an item with variation only if you have created a classification with the purpose, Distinct Attribute, and assigned various values to the classification.
Before creating an item with variations you need to perform the following tasks:
- Define an attribute group.
- Create attributes in the attribute group, which are required for the item with variations such as style, size, color, and so on.
- Create a classification.
- Assign the purpose to the classification as Distinct Attribute.
- Create a classification value for the classification.
- Assign attributes to the classification value.
You can create an item with variations from the Create Item screen.
- Create an Attribute Group.
- Create an Attribute.
- Create a Classification in IBM® Sterling Business Center.
- Add a Purpose to a Classification.
- Create a Classification Value.
- Assign an Attribute to a Classification.