Enterprise attributes: defining inventory monitoring rules for an enterprise
If an item is tracked at an Enterprise's node, you can set up minimum and maximum inventory levels using inventory monitoring rules for an item. When the item reaches one of these levels, a corresponding event is raised if an action is configured. That event can then be configured to trigger an alert, if applicable.
About this task
For example, you can set a minimum quantity of 75 for a particular item. When the inventory starts to drop and reaches the minimum level of 75, you can configure the minimum action to raise the Send E-Mail action. This sends an e-mail message to notify a manager of the decreasing inventory level.)
You can add, modify, and delete inventory monitoring rules.
To add an inventory monitoring rule to an Enterprise:
- From the tree in the application rules side panel, choose Participant Modeling > Participant Setup.
- From the Roles & Participation tab in the Organization Details window, choose Enterprise Attributes.
- Choose the Inventory Monitor Rules tab. The Inventory Monitor Rules list displays.
- Choose the Create New icon. The Inventory Monitor Rule pop-up window displays.
- Enter information in the applicable fields.
- Choose the Save icon.