Real-time data is not displayed
SymptomsWhen you preview or publish a dashboard that contains a real-time widget, the real-time widget does not display any data. The real-time widget displays the following error message:
Real Time Data Collector Server is unavailable. Try again or contact your system administrator.
CausesThe following are the probable causes:
- Kafka server details and topic name that you entered in the manual data definition might be incorrect.
- Kafka server is stopped and hence, it is not responding.
- Data is not being generated for the topic that you subscribed to.
- Real Time Data Collector is not started.
- The security certificate for Real Time Data Collector is not installed on the web browser.
Resolving the problemTo resolve this issue, complete the following tasks:
- Ensure that the Kafka server details and topic name in the manual data definition are correct.
- Ensure that Kafka server is up and running.
- Ensure that data is being generated for the Kafka topic that you subscribed to.
- Ensure that Real Time Data Collector is
installed and is up and running.
For more information, see Restarting Real Time Data Collector.
- If Real Time Data Collector and Cloud Application Business Insights are installed on the same server, and you are using Mozilla Firefox browser to view the Real Time dashboards, then you must install the security certificate on Mozilla Firefox browser.
- If Real Time Data Collector is installed on a remote server, then you must ensure that the security certificate is installed on all the web browsers.
- On the web browser, enter the following web
For example, https://10.10.10.1:7443/indexWhere,
- IP_address is the IP address of the server where Real Time Data Collector in installed.
- port is the default Real Time Data Collector port that is specified in the
The default location of the file is $install_dir/prdrtdc.
$install_diris the directory where the Cloud Application Business Insights application is installed.
An error message that indicates that the site is not secure is displayed.
- Click an option that proceeds to open the URL.
The certificate is automatically installed on your computer or mobile devices.
Now if you preview or publish the dashboard that contains a real-time widget, the real-time widget displays real-time data.