Other known limitations
Lists of other known limitations in Cloud Application Business Insights on desktop computers and mobile devices.
- For a Line chart, if a wide range of data is plotted, then some points that are at the borderline of the chart are not displayed completely.
- Administrators must ensure that a correct name is added for a valid connector source in the Manage System Name field. However, if an incorrect name is added, then an error message is displayed when a user selects that source during dashboard creation. The error message indicates the user to select a different source.
- Dual Y-axis isn’t supported for Stacked Bars and Clustered Bars charts.
- When you preview or publish dashboards that contain Line or Area charts, then some points within the charts that belong to a single series might not be connected. Such charts are displayed only when the charts contain nonsequential data where the series doesn’t contain a data point for every value of the X-axis. However, if the data type of the X-axis is set to time or date type, then such charts display all the data points as connected.
- Legends aren't displayed when you preview or publish Heatmap widgets, where Use Default Colors as per Theme or Define a Custom Linear Range is selected in pane in the Set Properties window.
- For a dashboard that contains Area, Line, and Clustered or Stacked Bars and Columns charts,
while setting chart properties for X-axis and Y-axis, in the TICKS &
LABELS pane, click Auto-set Axis Ticks and Labels to Display or
click Manually-set Axis Ticks and Labels to Display, and select the
Micro Ticks and Minor Ticks checkboxes.
The published or previewed dashboard does not display micro and minor ticks on X-axis, but displays minor ticks on Y-axis. Micro and minor ticks are not supported by the chart library.
- Circos charts are not displayed properly in Mozilla Firefox ESR browser (version 52 or later) browser.
- In Area, Line, and Clustered or Stacked Bars and Columns charts, while setting chart properties,
even if you select a value from the Truncate labels after list to truncate
the labels, then at times, the first and the last values on the X-axis do not display ellipses. It
is the limitation of the chart library.
To resolve this issue, maximize the chart.
- If you access Engine by using various devices, then the Engine user interface displays some negligible variations.
- If the data received from Cassandra data definition is empty or is a single array data, then on previewed or published dashboard an error message indicating that the data is not in a valid JSON format is displayed.
- When you preview or publish a Complex Gauge widget, the outer and inner gauges might not display tick intervals according to the values that you entered in the Define Specific tick Interval field in pane in the Set Properties window.
- For a MongoDB source, when you click Test connection, then an error message indicating that the MongoDB source is not connected is displayed, even when the source is connected. This error occurs if the sample request returns an empty response.
- On Engine, if you resize a widget that contains a Sankey chart, then its labels are not displayed properly. It is the limitation of the chart library.
- On Engine, you cannot drag a published Complex Gauge widget from the WIDGETS pop-up window to a dashboard.
- For Monitoring, Cloud APM, ITM, and JDBC connector supported data sources, if Grid charts contain legends with dot characters, then the charts display null values.
- Whenever you assign a scheduler role to a user, the user details pane, which is displayed on the upper-right of the Dashboard Designer page, displays a Scheduler user group that is listed in the ENGINE ACCCESS pane. This Scheduler group is not displayed anywhere else on Dashboard Designer.
- On Engine, if you change the chart type of a widget to Grid and save the dashboard view, then whenever you reopen that dashboard view, you cannot change that Grid chart to any other supported chart types. Also, if you move a Grid chart column outside the widget area, then that column disappears from the chart. Refresh the widget to view the complete chart again.
- The Expand and Collapse icons are not displayed on any widget on Engine, even if you selected the Enable Expand/Collapse checkbox, while setting widget properties on Dashboard Designer.
- When the legends are aligned vertically or horizontally, and have long names, they are not displayed properly. It is the limitation of the chart library.
- For Grid, Area, Line, and Clustered or Stacked Bars and Columns charts, when you create a widget for the first time by using the Create a Data Definition option, and you do not specify any widget title, then by default the title of the Y-axis is displayed as the widget title. Even if you change the data definition, which alters the Y-axis title, the default widget title remains unchanged. You need to change it explicitly in the Set Properties window.
- If you set Range values for Bubble chart, then bubbles are displayed beyond X-axis and Y-axis.
- For Gauge and Quadrant Motion charts labels are not displayed properly.
- Bullet chart with large data is not displayed properly.
- When you email a static URL or a dynamic URL of a dashboard that contains a space in its dashboard name, then the space in the dashboard name is replaced with a hyphen and an underscore in the URL. However, the dashboard is launched properly without any errors.
- An error message indicating that the end time must be less than or equal to the current time is
displayed, if you keep the Custom Time Period Selection window open for a long
time and reenter the end time to match the latest time.
To resolve this issue, you must close the window and specify the period again.
- On Engine, the following
issues are displayed on the Message field in the Email Dashboard
URL to link or embed window and Email Dashboard URL window:
- If you enter more than 1000 characters, then the cursor shifts to the first character in the Message field.
- You cannot paste text that is more than 1000 characters in length. For example, if the Message field contains 500 characters, and if you try pasting text that contains another 600 characters, then none of those characters are pasted in the field, and the cursor shifts to the first character in the Message field.
- A dashboard with one or more real-time widgets stops responding, if the real-time data points that are rendered to the dashboard, across all the real-time widgets, exceed the frequency of one data point per second.
- For Area, Line, and Clustered or Stacked Bars and Columns charts, in the Set
Properties window, you must select the Change display format if source data is
in Epoch or ISO 8601 time format checkbox only when the timestamp data is in Epoch or
ISO8601 format. When the data is in any other format, if you select this checkbox and select a data
unit and format, then the X-axis does not display the timestamp in the selected format.
On Safari browser, the drop-down list next to Display Format displays all the available date and time formats, regardless of the format selected in the Display Format list.
- The COLORS tab in the Set Properties window displays inconsistent colors across various charts. Also, when you add multiple color ranges, instead of a default color, inconsistent colors are added.
- If large number of data points are plotted on the Tag Cloud and Heatmap charts, then the charts
are rendered after a certain time lag and are unreadable. This issue might be displayed for 2000 or
more data points on Heatmap chart. For Tag Cloud chart, this issue might be displayed for 1500 or
more data points and also if the average length of the string values is more than 10
The recommended maximum number of data points to be plotted on a Heatmap chart is 400 and on a Tag Cloud chart is 200. For Tag Cloud charts, the recommended average length of string values is 6 - 12 characters.
- If the data points are closely placed on the Map chart, then their labels might not be displayed.
- For a Map chart, if a country or city map is not supported by Cloud Application Business Insights, then an error message
is displayed indicating that set-relation is not supported for the selected map.
For more information about the supported maps, see Setting properties for Map chart.
- The graphical user interface of the Color window that is displayed in the Set Properties window depends on the OS and browser that is used to access Cloud Application Business Insights.
- On Engine, every time you set a theme, the real-time widget is refreshed, and the data rendering starts afresh.
- If you import Bubble, Radar, Scatter, Area, Line, and Clustered or Stacked Bars and Columns
charts that display legend same as their manual data definition name, then the imported charts
display the same legends as previously displayed. The legend name is not updated to display the new
manual data definition name.
To resolve this issue, you must set the manual data definition again for the imported dashboard.
- If you modify an already published widget and republish it, then the updates are not immediately reflected on Engine. To view the updated widget, you need to either reopen the dashboard or refresh Engine.
- If you publish an imported dashboard that contains one or more spaces in its dashboard name, then the published dashboard is not displayed on Engine.
- Drill-down dashboards are imported along with their controller dashboard. However, after the
import, if you delete only the controller dashboard and reimport it by using the same name that was
used earlier, then the dashboard is not imported, and an error message is displayed.
To resolve this issue, you must either delete all the associated drill-down dashboards or import the dashboard by using a unique name.
- After you upgrade IBM® Cloud Application Business Insights V1.1.4 to V1.1.5, when you preview the V1.1.4 Charts that were created by using Color Range 1 or Color Range 2, the Charts continue to display 13 colors. However, if you open the Set Properties window of such Charts, and then preview them, the Charts display 10 colors instead of 13. Also, the COLORS tab of such Charts displays 10 colors.
- The loading time of a Badge chart that uses
CEMconnector is more than the loading time of Badge charts that uses any other connector.
- A polygon that is drawn on a World Map is not displayed on Mozilla Firefox browser.
- After you upgrade Cloud Application Business Insights V1.1.7 Fix Pack 4 to
V1.1.8, if you directly
preview the Tag Cloud charts where ranges and colors are specified, without opening the
Set Properties window, then the upgraded charts display the new range formats
(<= and >) with default colors.
It is the limitation of the chart library.
- A previewed or published transformation widget does not show rounded off numerical values for Sum or Average operation. It is the limitation of the chart library.
- For Calendar Heat Map charts, when you hover the mouse pointer over a truncated chart title, then the tooltip is not displayed. It is the limitation of the chart library.
- You might not be able to drag a few windows horizontally. For example, you can move the Save, Save As, and Import Dashboard windows in the vertical direction only.
- For a dashboard that contains Area, Line, and Clustered or Stacked Bars and Columns charts, if the X-axis displays string type data values, and if you select the Minor Tick checkbox, then the dashboard displays data with major grid lines only. Minor grid lines are not displayed.
- For Area, Line, Badge, Pie, Donut, and Clustered or Stacked Bars and Columns charts, even if you set a precision value, some numbers might not round off.
- For Area, Line, Baseline, Badge, and Clustered or Stacked Bars and Columns charts, if you select the Shorten numbers on axis labels checkbox, numbers that are 15 digits or more in length are not shortened and are displayed in exponential form. Also, such numbers are not displayed completely in the tooltip.
- For APM, ITM, and ICAM dashboards that display timestamp data, when you change the time zone setting of your computer to a time zone that follows day light savings, the dashboards display data according to changed time zone. However, on the Date & time page, when you switch off the Adjust for Daylight Saving Time automatically option, then the dashboards do not display data according to the changed time zone setting.
For dashboards with Area, Line, and Clustered or Stacked, Bars and Columns charts, if the Y-axis contains numbers that are 15 digits or more in length, then whenever you filter such a value or click such a data point to view the drill-down or listener widget, the dashboard stops responding and does not display any data.
To work around this issue, in the Set Properties window, you must select option, and set major and minor steps. Additionally, you must select the Shorten numbers on axis labels checkbox.
- If a row value in PostgreSQL database is updated, then the updated row value shifts to the end of the published chart.
- For Calendar Heat Map chart, spacing between the chart title and the chart or the chart label is based on the degree to which the chart title is rotated. If you rotate the chart title to more than 90 degrees, then the spacing is reduced.
- If you email a static or dynamic URL of a dashboard that is attached to two different nodes, then whenever you open such a dashboard, it does not display the correct node name. The node name is displayed same as the dashboard name.
- On Mozilla Firefox browser, for APM, ITM, and ICAM dashboards that display any timestamp data, when you change the time zone settings of your computer to any other time zone, then those time zone changes are not displayed on the default filters of the dashboards.
- As concurrent user sessions are not supported in Cloud Application Business Insights. If you log in to Cloud Application Business Insights with the same credentials again, then the earlier session is terminated with a message, which indicates that the operation cannot be completed. At times, the application does not display any error message and it stops responding.
- On Safari browser, for Area, Line, Baseline, Grid, and Clustered or Stacked Bars and Columns charts, if you select the Change display format if source data is in Epoch or ISO 8601 time format checkbox, then if the dashboard contains string data, then that data is displayed as invalid data.
- For Area, Line, and Stacked Column dashboards with huge time series data, in chart properties, if you set the legends to be displayed vertically, then the horizontal zoom bar that is displayed on the published or previewed dashboard is not aligned with the chart area. The zoom bar is extended up to the dashboard border.
- For Stacked Columns dashboards with huge time series data, if you configure dual Y-axis by setting first series data as timestamp or date and second series data as string data, then the chart is not plotted.
- When you open multiple Area, Line, and Stacked Column dashboards that contain huge time series data, then you can open the Custom tag in the first dashboard tab only. You cannot open the Custom tag in any other dashboard tabs. Also, to close the Custom Time Period Selection window, which is open on the first dashboard tab, you need to click the Close icon or Cancel button multiple times.
- When the widget area is less, then the Zoom to options are not displayed on a single line. Also, in the PDF report, the Zoom to options are not displayed properly.
- When a dashboard contains other charts along with Area, Line, and Stacked Columns charts where either X-axis is time series data or where dynamic series is defined, then the dashboard takes a longer time to load.
- On Engine, when you apply a Jade theme, then the custom widgets within the dashboard do not display any widget borders.
- On Engine, if you apply any dark theme to a dashboard, such as Charcoal or Daisy, then the visual clarity of the charts with black custom color might be hindered.
- When you preview or publish a Stacked Columns chart with two plots, multiple data definitions, and time series data on X-axis, then such a chart is not displayed on Dashboard Designer or Engine.
- For Area, Line, and Clustered or Stacked Bars and Columns charts, the following Threshold line
issues might occur whenever you publish or preview the charts:
- The threshold values and threshold labels might overlap the Y-axis values and chart data. This issue occurs when the user defined threshold values are same as the values that are displayed on the chart or the threshold values are close to values that are displayed on the chart.
- If you specify a Threshold value that is six digits or more in length, including any decimal values, then such values are not displayed properly on the charts, PDF report, and HTML report.
- For Cloud Application Business Insights V1.1.8, third-party OIDC configurations might not work.
- On Engine, if dashboard nodes under different category nodes contain dashboards with the same name, and if you open all such dashboards, then only one dashboard node is highlighted.
- When you add multiple series that have the same date and time formats to a dashboard, and define different date and time formats for each series, then the date and time format that you defined for the first series only is applied to all the remaining series.
- For Complex Gauge charts, if the unit or tooltip label is more than 50 characters, then the tooltip label is displayed outside the chart area.
- The More options icon is not displayed on embedded dashboards.
- The Draw Annotations icon is not displayed on embedded dashboards.
- If you resize Badge chart to less than 75 pixels, then the Badge title or value is not displayed. Also, you cannot select the value or title on the chart.
- On Baseline charts, if the Y-axis values are six digits or more in length, then such values are
not displayed properly on the chart. The values are truncated.
To workaround this issue, when you set the chart properties, you must shorten the large numbers by selecting the Shorten numbers on axis labels checkbox.
- On Clustered and Stacked Bar charts with multiple series, if you draw a label annotation on published chart, select or deselect any other legend on the chart, and then go back to the annotation label, then the label is not displayed. It is the limitation of the chart library.