Accessibility issues in Cloud Application Business Insights
Accessibility feature in Cloud Application Business Insights is verified by using Mozilla Firefox ESR browser version 52 or later only. Some accessibility issues that are noticed in Dashboard Designer or Engine are listed for your reference.
Accessibility issues in Dashboard Designer
- Can’t drag a layout on blank dashboard by using keyboard keys (arrow keys, Enter key, and other keys). However, to use a layout for a dashboard, you can first select a layout by using the Tab and Enter keys, and then in the layout page, press the Use this Layout button by using the Enter key.
- Can't draw or modify a Layout dimension by using keyboard keys (arrow keys, Enter key, and other keys).
- When you set data definitions by using a connector, you can’t select values from the METRIC(S), INSTANCE(S), COLUMN(S), or TABLE/VIEW lists by using the Space bar. If you use the Space bar, then all the lists are locked. Instead, you must use the Enter key.
- On Mozilla Firefox ESR browser (version 52 or later), when you preview any Dashboard Designer content by using the Space bar, then the preview opens in two tabs instead of one.
- Can't move the focus in reverse direction by using the Shift+Tab keys.
- Can't resize or rearrange widgets on Engine by using keyboard keys.
- When you access Engine by
using Mozilla Firefox ESR browser (version 65 and earlier), for schedule report tasks, if you set
the following values by using keyboard keys, then the changes are not saved:
- In the Edit Report window, set the start and end date.
- Set pagination in DASHBOARDS and SCHEDULE TASKS tabs.
- When you access Engine on Mozilla Firefox ESR browser, in the Email Dashboard URL to link or embed window, you can't select an option from the Generate a link list by using the Enter key.
- When you access Engine on Mozilla Firefox ESR browser, in the Email Dashboard URL window, you can't select and open the dashboard URL that is provided in the Message field by using the Tab key.
- In the All Widgets page, by using the Tab and the arrow keys, you can't
scroll through the All Category list items. Also, after you select a widget
from the All Categories list, if you reopen the list, the focus is on the
All Categories option and not on the selected widget.
This issue is also observed in the All Layouts, All Data Definitions, All Filters, and All Dashboards pages.
- On the Mozilla Firefox ESR browser, while setting chart properties, when you open the Color window, the focus doesn't shift to any color in the window. Hence, you cannot select a color by using any of the keyboard keys. Also, you cannot close the Color window by using the Esc key.
- On the Mozilla Firefox ESR 78.3 browser version, while setting chart properties for the Tag Cloud chart by using the Tab key, the focus moves out of the Set Properties window, when you select the option and go to the other option.
For JDBC dashboards or widgets that contain Drop-down List with Search filter where multi select is enabled, the following limitations are observed:
- You cannot use the Tab or Shift+Tab keys to go through the filter values that are displayed in
the drop-down list.
To work around this issue, you must always use the arrow keys to go through the filter values in the drop-down list.
- After you open the drop-down filter list, if you press the down-arrow key, the focus does not
shift to the Select All option. Also, you cannot shift the focus to the
default filter value.
To work around this issue, you must first select or deselect any other filter value and then select the default value. Also, to select or deselect all the filter values, use Ctrl+A keys.
- Even when the maximum selection count is defined, by using the Ctrl+A keys, you can select all the filter values. However, all the filter values are not displayed in the dashboard or widget. Only the default value or the first filter value is displayed in the widget or dashboard.
- When you enter any value in the Search field, the value is highlighted in the drop-down list. However, when you press the Enter key, the value is not selected.
- You cannot use the Shift + m keys to copy a widget, and the d key to drop the selected dashboard to the drill-down dashboard node when you set a drill-down relation.
- You cannot use the Tab or Shift+Tab keys to go through the filter values that are displayed in the drop-down list.