Setting chart properties for Range Column charts
You need to set chart properties for the charts that you add to a widget.
Setting Chart properties
- On the widget page, click the Set Properties icon.
The Set Properties window opens.
- Click the Chart tab.
- In the navigation pane of the Chart tab, click
Chart, and complete the following steps:
- In the X-Axis Title and Y-Axis Title fields, enter
a title for the axis.
The titles are displayed when you preview or publish the widget.
- Select the Enable Zoom checkbox, if you want the published dashboard to display a horizontal slide bar on the X-axis to zoom in or zoom out the data.
- The Show Gridlines checkbox is selected by default to display the major grid lines. If you do not want the grid lines to be displayed on the chart, then clear the checkbox .
- If you want the chart columns to be separated by spaces, then click Auto. If you do not want any space between the chart columns, click None.
- In the X-Axis Title and Y-Axis Title fields, enter a title for the axis.
Setting Series properties
- In the X-axis Label, High Value, and Low Value fields, enter the column names from the manual data definition preview. Enter only those column names that you want to display on the chart.
- If the X-axis data is time series data, then select the X-axis data is time series checkbox.
- Select the Change 'X-axis Label' display format if source data is in
Epoch or ISO 8601 time format checkbox, and complete the following steps to change the
display format of the source data:
- From the Source Data Unit list, select the format of the source data.
- From the Display Format lists, select date and time, and the formats in which the date and time must be displayed on the axis labels.
- If you want the high values to be displayed on the chart, then select the Show Values on Chart checkbox.
Setting Color properties
To set chart color properties in the Colors tab, see Setting chart color properties.