Federating dashboards in Dashboard Application Services Hub
IBM® Dashboard Application Services Hub is an integrated service that is offered by Jazz® for Service Management. Dashboard Application Services Hub provides visualization and dashboard services. It has a single console for administering IBM products and related applications. To federate a Cloud Application Business Insights dashboard, embed the dashboard URL in a Web Widget in Dashboard Application Services Hub.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have the Cloud Application Business Insights dashboard URL that you want to embed in an external application.
You can either generate and email the dashboard URL by using the Email Dashboard URL to link or embed option on Engine. Or, you can also copy this URL from the Message field that is displayed in the Email Dashboard URL to link or embed window on Engine.
For more information, see Emailing static or dynamic URLs to launch or embed dashboards.
Example of a dashboard URL:
- <Server_IP_or_HOSTNAME> is the IP address or hostname of the server where Cloud Application Business Insights is installed.
- <port_number> is the configured port number for the Cloud Application Business Insights application.Note: Enter a <port_number>, if Cloud Application Business Insights is installed at a port other than the default HTTPS port,
- APM_dash is the dashboard name.
- 1111 is the ID of the dashboard.
Tasks to federate dashboards in Dashboard Application Services Hub
Configure IFrames to embed Cloud Application Business Insights dashboard in external applications
- Open the bootstrap.properties files from the following locations:
- Set the value of
- Restart the Cloud Application Business Insights
For more information, see Restarting the Cloud Application Business Insights server.
Access Dashboard Application Services Hub
- Open a web browser and enter the following URL for the Jazz for Service
Management UI and reporting
- server_IP_or_HOSTNAME is the IP address or hostname where Jazz for Service Management is installed.
- port is the default port for Jazz™ for
The default port is
ibm/consoleis the default path to the Jazz for Service Management application server. However, this path is configurable and might differ from the default in your environment.
For more information about logging in to Dashboard Application Services Hub, see Logging in Dashboard Application Services Hub.
- Enter the user ID and password in the login page and click Go.
User ID and password are configured during Dashboard Application Services Hub installation and stored in the Jazz for Service Management application server.
The Dashboard Application Services Hub Welcome page opens.
Embed dashboard URL in Dashboard Application Services Hub
- In the navigation pane, click the Console Settings icon, and in the Console Settings pop-up window, click Pages.
- Click New Pages.
- In the Page Settings window, in the Page name field, enter a page name.
- Click OK.
A new page with the specified page name opens.
- In the Search field, enter Web Widget or click the All folder and go to the Web Widget option.
- Drag a web widget to the page.
If you want to add multiple widgets, each to display a different dashboard URL, then drag multiple web widgets to the page, and resize them.
- In each widget, click icon, and in the pop-up window, click Edit.
- In the Web Widget window, enter information in the following fields, and
then click Save.
- In the Widget title field, enter a title for the widget.
- In the Home page field, enter the dashboard URL.
- In the Help page field, enter a URL to the help topic, if any. It is an optional field.
- In the HTML iFrame name field, enter a unique name for the web
It is an optional field. However, if you are adding multiple widgets, then you must enter a unique IFrame name for each widget.
- To view the page, click Save and Exit.
The Welcome to ICABI page is displayed.
- In the Log In area, enter the Cloud Application Business Insights username and password,
and click Log In.The embedded dashboard is rendered on Dashboard Application Services Hub.
For more information, see Accessing the IBM Cloud Application Business Insights web interface.
What to do next
To display the embedded dashboard URL in Dashboard Application Services Hub, enter the Cloud Application Business Insights user credentials. Changes that are made to the dashboard on Dashboard Designer are reflected on Dashboard Application Services Hub, except the dashboard name change. If you change the dashboard name, then you need to replace the embedded dashboard URL as well.
If the dashboard contains custom PM filters, then custom filters are not displayed on Dashboard Application Services Hub and hence, the dashboard widgets might not display any data. To view the data on Dashboard Application Services Hub, you must first apply the current time filter, and then apply the custom filter.