Configuring IBM Tivoli Monitoring Connector Sources
You can create connector sources to IBM® Tivoli® Monitoring by using the built-in connectors that are available in Cloud Application Business Insights.
Before you begin
For ITM Data Source, get the managed system name for the ITM Connector Source. For more information, see Getting the Managed System Name for ITM Connectors.
Complete the following steps to add an IBM
Tivoli Monitoring web service by using the
- Open Dashboard Designer.
- In the navigation pane, go to .
- On the All Connector Sources page, click Add Source.
An Add Connector Source window is displayed.
- From the Connector Type list, select ITM connector.
- In the Connector Source Name field, enter a name for the ITM Data Source that you want to
Source name can contain alphanumeric characters and underscores.
- In the URL field, enter the URL details for ITM web service.
The default URL format is https://Server_IP_or_HOSTNAME:portWhere:
- Server_IP_or_HOSTNAME is the IP address or hostname of Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server.
- port is the default port for ITM.
The default port is 15200.
- In the Managed System Name field, enter the correct Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server name.
If you enter an incorrect name for a valid connector source, then an error message that indicates you to select a different source is displayed. For more information, see Getting the Managed System Name for ITM Connectors.
- In the Username field, enter the username for ITM CURI data provider. Note: The default username for ITM data provider is
- In the Password field, enter a password for ITM CURI data provider or data
provider. Contact the administrator for this information. Important: To connect to the OMEGAMON® Data Source, use the ITM Connector and create the source. Make sure that you are able to connect to the system where OMEGAMON is available and the agents are up and running.
- To make sure that the connection to the data source is successful, click Test
If the connection to the data source fails, then a message that indicates the reason for connection failure is displayed. You must fix the errors and test the connection again.
- When the connection to the source is successful, click Save.
- Connector source name
- Connector type
- Date and time when the connector source was first created, and the username of the user who first created the source.
- Date and time when the connector source was last modified, and the username of the user who last modified the connector source. Only the latest record is displayed.