Default filters are the ready to use filters that are already provided in the Dashboard Designer. Use the default filters to filter dashboard or widget data over a time period. You cannot delete or modify any of the default filters.
Performance Management (PM)
- Use this filter to filter current data or to filter data for a specific time period.
- Use this filter to view data for a predefined time interval. For example, you can view data for the last 4 hours, 12 hours, and so on.
- This filter depends on Interval filter. Use this filter to group data
either by using average, minimum, maximum, sum, or deviation values.
If you select Interval as Last 4 Hours or more, then Aggregation filter shows Average as its default value. However, you can select any other aggregation value.
- This filter depends on Interval and Aggregation
filters. Use this filter to summarize the aggregations over a predefined time interval.
For example, if you set Interval as Last 2 Hours, Aggregation as Average, and Summarization as 10 Minutes, then the widget or dashboard displays the average data for the last 2 hours with a summarization interval of 10 minutes.
The default Summarization value depends on the value that is selected in Interval filter.
- Cloud APM and ITM support Datetime and Interval filters only. Even if the dashboard contains Aggregation and Summarization filters, those filters cannot be mapped as they are not supported. The filters are interdependent and must be added or deleted together.
- IBM Cloud Pak for Multicloud Management - Monitoring supports all the four PM filters. All the filters are interdependent and must be added or deleted together.
- Aggregation and Summarization filters depend on a parent filter, Interval.
IBM® Cloud Event Management (CEM)
- Use this filter to filter incidents by their priority. For example, you can filter out incidents by their priority, such as 1, 2, and so on.
- Use this filter to filter runbook executions by their execution status. The execution statuses are failure, success, and other.
- Use this filter to filter runbooks by their runbook version.
- Use this filter to filter incidents by their states. For example, you can filter out incidents by their states, such as closed, resolved, and so on.