Customizing ICAA installation
Administrators can follow these steps to customize setup.exe for IBM® Client Application Access (ICAA). This customization automatically installs and configures ICAA with minimum user interaction.
Before you begin
- Obtain and install the InstallShield Tuner for Notes® from IBM Passport Advantage®.
- Make sure ICAA setup.exe is extracted so that IBMNotes.itw and ICAA MSI are available.
About this task
Administrators can customize installation by using a setup file, for example setup.exe, that is called by the notes.ini setting ConfigFile=name.txt.
- Start the Tuner by clicking
- As prompted, browse to and select the .itw configuration file, for example IBMNotes.itw, and click Open.
- Read the Welcome screen and click Create a New Transform in the left pane.
- As prompted, browse to and select the .msi file supplied with the ICAA setup.exe install kit, for example IBM Client Application Access.msi.
- Accept the default output transform file name, for example IBM Client Application Access.mst, and path.
- Do not enable the Transform response checkbox.
- Click Create.
- In the System Configuration section, click IniFiles.
- Right-click Destination Computer, select Show Folder and slide to select CommonAppDataFolder. If CommonAppDataFolder doesn't exist, create the folder structure CommonAppDataFolder\IBM\ICAA\Data.
- Expand CommonAppDataFolder to show the ICAA folder.
- Right-click the ICAA Data folder and select NewIniFile.
- Right-click on the resultant IniFile1.ini and rename it notes.ini.
- Right-click on notes.ini and select New Section.
- Click the NewSection1 and rename it to Notes.
- Click the new Notes section and modify the following values:
- In the column titled Key, replace New Key with ConfigFile.
- In the column titled Value, replace New Value with the path to the setup.txt file.
- Verify that the Action value is Add Line.
- In the Application Configuration section, locate the "Setup Properties" subsection, and verify that the value of ApplicationUsers = AllUsers.
- Click .
- Exit the InstallShield Tuner for Notes.
- Copy the transform file to the installer folder and run the following command to install
setup /s /v"TRANSFORMS=\"IBM Client Application Access.mst\" /qb+"
The notes.ini parameter, ConfigFile= points to a text (.TXT) file that contains the parameters that the wizard needs. For example:
The wizard reads the text file and completes the setup.
For an example of a setup.txt for on-premises users, see the following:
Username=User Name/Acme KeyfileName=c:\Program Files\Notes\Data\username.id Domino.Name=servername/Acme Domino.Address=servername.acme.com Domino.Port=TCPIP Domino.Server=1 AdditionalServices=0 AdditionalServices.NetworkDial=0 Replication.Threshold=9999 Replication.Schedule=0 IsSCNUser=0
The setup.txt for cloud users includes other .ini settings, as shown in the following example:
Username=User Name/Acme KeyfileName=c:\Program Files\Notes\Data\username.id IsSCNUser=1 SCN.ConfigURL=<URL that points to config.nsf download, e.g. https://xyz.company.com/liveNotes.nsf/downloadStart.xsp>
After the client configuration, the user is taken to the URL specified in SCN.ConfigURL to download config.nsf and join SmartCloud® Notes.