| Next >
In this tutorial, you use the tools in IBM® Process Designer to re-create the Hiring Sample process application that is in IBM Process Center.
This tutorial gets you started using Process Designer tool by having you iteratively model and test an instance of a hiring process. As you complete the lessons, you learn about Process Designer so that you can build your own processes.
Note: This tutorial is a learning exercise that describes one way of modeling, implementing, and testing a process. Depending on your process and process application, other techniques might be more appropriate.
This tutorial contains the following modules:
After you complete this tutorial, you will be able to do the following tasks:
- Model a process that is based on the process requirements.
- Implement the process, including data variables and services that are required by the process.
- Create the user interface for the process.
- Conduct playbacks at each phase to validate the work that you completed.
- Run and review the process.
Each module in this tutorial contains lessons and builds on the previous module so that you can work with the tutorial from beginning to end.
Note: The process application that you are creating in this tutorial is called the My Hiring Sample, and the process application that is included in Process Center is called the Hiring Sample.
To skip lessons, you can copy the required artifacts from the Hiring Sample process application that is in Process Center by following these steps:
- Start the Process Designer desktop editor.
- Enter your user name and password and click Log In. When Process Designer opens, the Process Apps window displays the list of process applications that are available in Process Center.
- Open the Hiring Sample process application in the Designer.
- In the library, click All to view the list of artifacts.
- Right-click each artifact that you want to copy and select .
- Review the artifacts that refer to the copied artifacts in the My Hiring Sample and fix any errors that are caused by copying. Errors can occur because the copied artifacts are not the same as the artifacts in the My Hiring Sample even though they have the same name. For example, if you copied the Person business object, check all bindings or references to this business object. If you see an error, clear the binding or reference, and then reselect the business object from the list that opens.
| Next >